Saturday, February 5, 2011

A little of this and a little of that

I had so much fun today making some Valentines and some other goodies I wanted to share with you
I started with this, I got it at Target $1 bins and I wasn't crazy about it but I thought maybe I could pretty it up

What a difference huh?  I just used left over stuff I had and I think it turned out pretty good.
 
I also made this with leftover scrap paper and ribbon from the clipboard and covered a little matchbox.  Not sure what I am going to use this for it was a left over ribbon roll.





I went to Goodwill and found this cute little reindeer and 2 silver platters and these 3 books.. Also the Strawberry Shortcake candy dish didn't have the lid but I thought I would fix it up and give it to my little sister, well she isn't so little but my mom had her when I was 15 and since I was the oldest of 5 I was given the job of taking care of her.  She is a married now and has 3 kids of her own.
 

I got these little birdies at Michaels I just love the roses on them

I found these keys at Marshalls the other day they look so rustic and I loved em

And the pillow and the little hearts I got at Hobby Lobby last week they were 40% off
I will finish my Valentines and post them then I need to get them in the mail....Valentines Day is only 9 more days!!!
Hope you are having a great weekend!!!
Suzann

16 comments:

The Gilded Cherub said...

Wow...it looks like someone found some goodies and has been busy crafting. I love the platters! Dont you just love Hobby Lobby, I can spend all day in there.

Lorene
The Gilded Cherub

Char said...

Suzann, you found so many goodies that I wish I was shopping with you. Love the keys and the way you are hanging them off the cage. It's all just perfect. I think I need some shopping time and to make sure I look at everything!!! Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Hi Suzann ... Everything is so romantic and pretty! Love those silver trays and the bird cage vignette ... Gorgeous!

Vintage Gal said...

Wow ~ you have found some lovely treasures ~ love the little birdies with the flowers on them and the clip board is darling~! ;-)

Anonymous said...

The clip board turned out just lovely! Very crafty :-) And the little fawn is my favorite treasure - absolutely adorable!

NanaDiana said...

Suzann-You found lots of goodies! My daughter had a collection of Strawberry Shortcakes that I scrimped and saved to buy her when we were young and didn't have much money. It was in a small curio wall cabinet and her brother came in, knocked it off by accident and all but ONE of them broke. I think there were over 30 in there. I could have cried.

Nice job on your Target clipboard. Target will never recognize it! Have a great weekend. Hugs-Diana

FourSistersInACottage said...

GET OUT!!!! That clip board is amazing....beautiful job!!!!
Amy

Julie Marie said...

Hi Suzann... oooh, I am in love with all of your pretty treasures!... that clipboard is gorgeous!... I want to try to make one... and those little birds with the roses on them are so beautiful!... thank you so much for stopping by and meeting Tess and your kind comments!... xoxo Julie Marie

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Was that a clip board from Target? whatever it is, you did a pretty transformation on it!

Suzann said...

What a pretty blog!!
I was so excited to see your note on my blog the other day. Our name DOES have an unusual spelling! Over the years I have become fond of the spelling, but I do not think I have ever seen another person with the same spelling. Although, a few people (with the "e") have the same first and maiden name as I.
I love that you are from Michigan. My best friend is also from Michigan, currently living in Texas (which she hates). Being from Chicago I'm not certain if I would like not having seasons.
Thanks again for paying me a visit and dropping me a note. You blessed my day!!

Rebecca said...

You sure know how to pretty things up! Great job!

Pamela said...

Thanks for entering my very first giveaway Suzann!!
I've entered you twice!
Your blog is very pretty!
Pamela xo

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I wanted to comment on everything, the clip board is darling and i love the little dear, can't believe you found those keys and that pillow at the store. It is everything i love!

Carol

Nana said...

Very sweet for Valentines day!

Sweet Old Vintage said...

sweet little embellishments... I love visiting and seeing little treasures blog friends create and find...

Adrienne said...

I fear you and I would have trouble shopping together - we would both want the same things! Love your finds and treasures.
~Adrienne~