Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Welcome

Hello my sweet Bloggy friends and Welcome!!!
I have a few things that I wanted to show you
First of all I wanted to show you the sweet giveaway I won from Decorating Diva aka deanna @cottageromance.blogspot.com

Isn't it sweet? The card was sweet and I love the "Nest" sign!!! Since I was in the process of moving and did not have internet I was unable to post this. This past weekend I finally put my pictures up so I put the picture up in my entryway.

Thank you Deanna!!!!

Moving from a 2 bedroom home with a garage to a 2 bedroom apt has been difficult. I am still trying to decide what to do with some things. I have already made 4 trips to Goodwill, but then there are things I do not want to part with. I wanted to keep my craft table up so I can continue to make things but it takes up a great deal of room in my living room. Also in my living room I have 3 big furniture items, my pie safe, my armoire that someone made for me and my Hoosier cabinet. These items are very sentimental to me. The pie safe was found in my parents garage and my dad was using it for tools, when my mom gave it to me my brother carried it across the street for me and I spent the rest of the day stripping the several coats of paint that it had. Now I want to paint it white.
I love my Armiore that a friend made for me several years ago. He designed it for me to pictures of what I wanted. I helped sand it and then we stained it but now I want to paint it white.

I also have my Hoosier cabinet that I am using as my "bar". I store some tablecloths and my charger plates in the bottom and I do want to paint this piece white also. It takes up a great deal of room in my living room and been thinking of selling it. But I only plan to be here for a year and hopefully will be able to move into a home next year. So should I part with it?

Thank you for stopping by and reading my post today. I am still working on things and would love to share my pictures and thoughts with you all.
You guys are the best!!!
Suzann ~xoxoxoxox~

11 comments:

Mom of 3 Girleighs said...

ok about the hoosier!!! NOOOO KEEP IT!!!... and dont paint it!! Look on my blog I have a hoosier that was meant to be white.. you have one thats meant to be unpainted! Its gorgeous!! If you want a painted one.. get one thats already painted and then paint it whatever you want.. but DONT PAINT THAT ONE LOL.. PLLEEEAAASEEEE.... ITS beautiful just the way it is. :)

Char said...

Yep, I am lucky enough to have a gorgeous Hoosier and mine is also unpainted. I would not paint that gem......the wood is too beautiful to cover, but then it's yours, so you can do whatever you like, Char

NanaDiana said...

Oh-your Hooiser is wonderful as is! I understand about moving and getting rid of things-letting go of some of our life's treasures. I am dreading doing that in the next couple of years! Keep going-you're doing good! Bless ya~ xxoo Diana

Rebecca Nelson said...

I've made such a move more times than I can say. We were married 14 years before we bought the home we have today and I'm quite sure it will be the only one we ever own.

Lover your Hooiser Cabinet as is...but I'd love it WHITE or PINK, too! :) :) :)

xoRebecca

Mari said...

OH CONGRATS ON WINNING SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GIVEAWAY, I LOVE YOUR HOOISER CABINET, ONE DAY I HOPE TO OWN ONE TOO!!

XO~MARI

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Keep the cabinet! If you don't you will be sorry when you get your new house. I love it!

It's so hard to down size and I'm probably going to have a tough time!

hugs
Sissie

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such wonderful pieces you have! We all end up a little crowded no matter how much space we have! Ha! Maybe once you paint a couple of your pieces you won't feel the need to paint your big cabinet!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That is such a flexible piece, it is cool and can have so many uses, I'd keep it. I'd also paint it white!

Ruffles n Raspberries said...

I would paint it all white too.. but, no way would I get rid of any of your furniture! I know it's hard to fit things into a different and smaller place, but, I'm sure you can swindle it around to suit you.

I'm having the same issues in the new house we moved into. Mr. Ruffles loves the modern look the house has, but, I am certainly missing having 3-4 walls for each room. (The dining room and living room are all 1 room.. grrrr.)

Glad to see you back online!!! Missed ya!

Sherri

Sweet Old Vintage said...

You just need to be creative and tuck al those lovely pieces in... My suggestion is living with the pieces as it and maybe you will change your mind about white... Once done it is done and those pieces seem to be timeless being left in a as is condition... but if your heart is really set on it I guess you go for it....

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

I'm with you would like to pain.But it took so much time to strip I would keep to see if it fits the new place. I have moved allot so have change things to different rooms.I think I'm done moving now . Happy PS Laura